If you are looking for business tax software, here is a comparison of the three major tax software applications - TurboTax, H&R Block At Home, and TaxAct. All three tax software applications include products to prepare business tax returns, as well as state business tax returns.
Which Business Tax Software Do I Need?
The business income tax software you need depends on the form you are filing:
- If you are a sole proprietor or single-member LLC, you file business taxes on Schedule C, along with your personal tax return. You will need the tax software version that includes Schedule C.
- If you are a corporation, you need tax software that includes Form 1120
- If you are an S corporation, you need tax software that includes Form 1120S
- If you are a partnership or multiple-member LLC, you need tax software that includes Form 1065.
- Personal Deluxe and State includes Schedule C. $17.95; pay when filing. Windows and Mac formats. State additional for $34.95.
- Business: Separate software for 1065, 1120, 1120S. Home & Business includes 1140, business form (1065, 1120, or 1120s) for $54.95. Business state software for 1065, 1120, or 1120S is $14.95 or all states for $51.80, including free e-file on some states. Download or CD-Rom for Windows.
- Home & Business version includes Schedule C - $74.95, for Windows and Mac. Free software, but you pay to print out forms and file. State return additional $36.95.
- TurboTax Business $129.95 includes 1120, 1120s, 1065. For Windows only. State taxes "no price yet."
- You can use the Premium Edition for $64.95 if you are just doing a Schedule C. Premium & Business version includes Schedule C, corporate, S corporation, partnership, and LLC tax forms for $79.95. Unlimited business state programs included, but state e-file is an additional fee.