Business Tax Filing - Business Types, Forms, Deadlines
By Jean Murray
- Taxes for Business Types
- Federal Income Tax Forms for Business Types
- Employment Tax Forms You Should Know About
- Save on Income Taxes with These Deductions and Credits
- Business Records for Business Tax Return Filing
- Tax Calendar 2011
Taxes for Business Types
All the taxes paid by each business type - sole proprietorship, limited liability company, partnership, or corporation. Income taxes (federal and state), self-employment taxes, sales and use taxes, and payroll taxes are included.
- Taxes Paid by Sole Proprietorships
- Taxes Paid by Partnerships
- Taxes Paid by Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- Taxes Paid by Corporations
- Taxes Paid by Subchapter S Corporations
Federal Income Tax Forms for Business Types
Income tax forms, employment tax forms, they are all here for you, with general explanations of how to complete these forms.
- Which Business Income Tax Form to Use For Your Business Type
- Information Needed to Prepare Corporate Income Taxes on Form 1120
- Information Needed to Prepare S Corporate Income Taxes on Form 1120S
- Information Needed to Prepare Partnership Income Taxes on Form 1065
- Complete a Schedule C for Sole Proprietorship, Single-member LLC
- How to Complete Schedule SE for Self-Employment Taxes
- Use Schedule 8829 to Calculate Deductions for Business Use of Your Home
Employment Tax Forms You Should Know About
Federal income tax form preparation process and deadlines, employment tax forms, and other forms businesses must file.
- Requirements for Processing and Submitting W-2s, W-3s, 1099-MISC and 1096 Forms
- Completing W-2 Forms
- Completing 1099-MISC Forms
- Preparing and Submitting W-3 Transmittal of Wages Forms (with W-2s)
- Preparing and Submitting Form 1096 Transmittal Forms (with 1099s)
Save on Income Taxes with These Deductions and Credits
You can save on your federal income taxes by using the power of deductible expenses. Here are the most common expenses you can deduct for maximum tax savings.
- What is the Difference Between Tax Credits and Tax Deductions?
- Business Tax Deductions A to Z
- Tax Deductions for Business Startup Expenses
- Your Home Business and Taxes
- Calculating Home Business Space for Tax Deduction
- Learn About Section 179 Business Depreciation Deductions
- Tax Credits and Deductions You Might Have Missed
- Tax Credis and Deductions for Energy Saving in Your Business
- Tax Credits for Disability Access Expenditures
Business Records for Business Tax Return Filing
As you prepare to start working on your business tax return or take your return to a tax preparer, review this list of business records you will need to collect.
Tax Calendar 2011
Tax Season is year-round. Here is a list of tax filing and reporting deadlines by month, with links to the forms you need to file.
- January Business Tax Payments and Reports
- February Business Tax Payments and Reports
- March Business Tax Payments and Reports
- April Business Tax Payments and Reports
- May Business Tax Payments and Reports