Do I Need a Health Permit for my Business?
Although the requirements for health permits vary tremendously by location, you will find that these businesses will commonly need a health permit:
- stores selling packaged foods
- wholesale food manufacturers and distributors
- street vendors
- food vendors at flea markets, farmers markets
- catering trucks and ice cream trucks
- vending machines
- tattoo parlors, beauty salons, nail salons
- waste haulers and generators
In general, anyone who manufactures, sells, or distributes products that can be consumed by humans or that touch the human body (like nail salons) need to have a health permit and an annual inspection.